Thursday, April 25, 2013

God of the Car Crash.

So, looks like I got that miracle I'd been praying to see.

If you have ANY doubt that God has a plan for you, will protect you, or is all-powerful beyond our understanding...please let me tell you about my God and the times He's saved me. Tonight included.

He saved my life for the first time when I was born 3 months premature, weighed a little over a pound, and was deemed a failed pregnancy.

He saved me yet again when I wrecked my car Thursday night. While driving back to College Station, I was thinking about how much He loves us. How powerful His love is. How mighty He is. And how He has a plan for my life, even when I don't know what it is. Then I lost control of my car, hit a ditch, flipped three times, and hit a fence. Oh, and my airbags didn't deploy...

I got out of my car with a scratch on my pinky. That's right, a small scratch. You can see the pictures and judge for yourself, you can tell me that it was by chance or that I am a lucky gal. I'll tell you that I am blessed beyond measure, covered by God's hand of protection, and would not be here tonight if it weren't for His grace.

But even moreso than any of that, He saved my life when He died on the cross for me. He gave His life so that I can rest in His power and be healed in His name. Tonight, when my car flipped, the name of Jesus had the power to save me. It has the power to save you, too. He can save you wherever you are; in a ditch, in an addiction, in a broken relationship, in a failed marriage, in your heartache, in your failure, in your sin, in your struggle, in your car on the side of the road.

Jesus Christ has saved my life time and time again. If you have any doubts, let this be a sign to you that He is a mighty God who can perform miracles. I've been praying that I'd see Him work wonders in my life. Today, He answered me with a resounding reminder that He alone can rescue and save.

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

He longs to save you right where you are. He wants to work miracles in your life. Let Him in, let Him love you, and let Him heal you. Never underestimate His power or plan for your life; both are great beyond anything we could ever imagine.

1 comment: