Friday, March 1, 2013

33.3%

Hey All,

Today is a wonderful day! I am at the 1/3 mark for my funding! God is SO GOOD. I also have the opportunity to get to know my teammates! We are finally in contact via facebook and I can't tell you how excited I am to meet the people that I'll be serving the Lord with for six months. We can get to know each other and be in prayer for each other as we prepare to start our journey. With all that God has been showing me about fellowship and community recently, I am so thrilled that we can come together ahead of time and begin that process.

So, I know that my blogs tend to be about a variety of topics, and more recently, about human trafficking. On a serious note, I do actually need to raise money for my trip. I go back and forth between not worrying at all...and spazzing out entirely. I worry that maybe I'm not asking enough people, not asking the right way, or maybe everyone I know is just really struggling financially. I knew, going into this, that raising the money would be a challenge for me. Not for my God, but for me. I've prayed that God would bring the money in on HIS timing, not mine. But dang am I feeling the pressure. I am definitely feeling like I should have more at this point. I've even felt surprised or offended at the people who haven't given. That's terrible, trust me, I know. I had so many expectations going into the fundraising process--that would be mistake number one. I found myself asking God to take away the worry and the doubt about the funding, and by His grace, He did. This past couple of weeks I stopped checking, stopped looking, stopped spamming everyone with reminders that I still need money. It's such a weird feeling to ask people to help you raise almost $10,000. Even weirder to know that I don't have that much by a long shot.

I am 1/3 of the way funded. The donations I've received have been so wonderful and heartfelt, and I know that I'm covered in prayer and support. I humbly ask that you continue to pray for me and for the funding process. If you feel lead to give, please do. I still need to raise $150 more in the next week to meet the milestone requirement. And, in the big picture, I still need $6,000 in the next 97 days. I'll be honest, that number is so intimidating. Our God is always, always faithful to make things beautiful in HIS timing.

http://www.experiencemission.org/Display.asp?Page=donatelanding

UserID: CMOR1002



No comments:

Post a Comment